fbpx
Shepherd of the hills trout hatchery

Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery

The Shepherd of the Hills fish hatchery produces between 350 and 400 thousand pounds of trout each year. It is the largest fish hatchery operated by the Missouri Department of Conservation. It is located just below Table Rock Dam on Lake Taneycomo. It is just across the dam from the Dewey Short Visitor Center and Table Rock State Park. The hatchery is located about 6 miles southwest of Branson, MO. on highway 165.

The hatchery raises both rainbow and brown trout. 80% of the fish raised in the hatchery are stocked into Lake Taneycomo below Table Rock Dam. The remaining 20% are used to stock other trout areas around the state of Missouri. On the grounds of the Shepherd of the Hills hatchery are access points for fishing in the lake below the dam.

In addition, there is a free conservation center on the site where you can learn about fish raising and management. There are several miles of trails for hiking, and several picnic sites for visitors. There is a concrete boat ramp which allows access to the lake below the dam for those wishing to trout fish from a boat.

For info on closings and other information, you can call (417) 334-4865. You can also visit this website.

360° photos of Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery.

Use Your Mouse or Move Your Phone to Look Around.

Above are the trout pens where the fish are raised before they are released.




On the map above click on “View Larger Map” to go to Google Maps. Then copy & paste the code below into Google Maps to view the location. Use the satellite view for the best overview.

Code

HMWW+W4 Branson, Missouri

To see other attractions in the area be sure and visit our “Virtual Visits” page for more attraction information and 360° photos.

error: Content is protected !!