Using essential oils to influence emotions and emotional well being are becoming quite popular. Applying essential oils used for emotions can help promote positive emotional states. They can assist with dealing with such emotional states as grief, anger, frustration, etc. Essential oils can also be used to promote mental alertness and clear thinking. Essential oils used for emotions such as stress can help promote a less stressful environment. This can assist those who are dealing with stress to help calm their nerves in a totally natural way.
Aromatherapy assists with these issues because essential oils contain chemicals that are naturally produced by the plants they are extracted from. When used in aromatherapy these chemical molecules are released into the air where they are easily inhaled. Any medical practitioner will tell you that inhalation is one of the fastest ways to deliver a drug into the body. It is second only to direct delivery into the veins. Inhaling the molecules from essential oils through aromatherapy allows them to be absorbed into the body quickly and begin working almost immediately.
The use of essential oils for emotions works because the molecules released will stimulate and affect different portions of the brain. These molecules can trigger the release of other chemicals in the brain that influence our emotions. Depending on which essential oil or combination are used, these can stimulate positive emotional states or mask negative emotional states.
It should be noted that using essential oils for emotions will not affect every person in the same way. Each person has a unique brain chemistry. It should also be noted that if a person has memories associated with a particular aroma, this can affect how the aroma affects that person. If a person associates a particular aroma with the loss of a loved one, then even if it should produce a positive response, it can have quite the opposite effect.
Essential Oils Used For Emotions
What essential oils are used to influence emotional well being? There is in fact quite a long list of essential oils used for emotions. Aromatherapy can help influence these emotions and improve a person’s emotional well being.
Below is a list of essential oils and the emotions they can influence:
- Anger-Bergamot, Jasmine, Neroli, Orange, Patchouli, Petitgrain, Roman Chamomile, Rose, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang
- Anxiety-Bergamot, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Geranium, Lavender, Mandarin, Neroli, Patchouli, Roman Chamomile, Rose, Sandalwood, Vetiver
- Confidence-Bay Laurel, Bergamot, Cypress, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Orange, Rosemary
- Concentration-Basil, Black Pepper, Cypress, Hyssop, Lemon, Peppermint, Rosemary
- Depression-Bergamot, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Mandarin, Neroli, Orange, Roman Chamomile, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang
- Fatigue-Basil, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Clary Sage, Cypress, Frankincense, Ginger, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Jasmine, Lemon, Patchouli, Peppermint, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Vetiver
- Fear-Bergamot, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lemon, Neroli, Orange, Roman Chamomile Sandalwood, Vetiver
- Grief-Cypress, Frankincense, Helichrysum, Neroli, Rose, Sandalwood, Vetiver
- Happiness-Bergamot, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lemon, Neroli, Orange, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang
- Insecurity-Bergamot, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Jasmine, Sandalwood, Vetiver
- Irritability-Lavender, Mandarin, Neroli, Roman Chamomile, Sandalwood
- Loneliness-Bergamot, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Helichrysum, Roman Chamomile, Rose
- Panic Attacks-Frankincense, Helichrysum, Lavender, Neroli, Rose
- Stress-Benzoin, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Mandarin, Neroli, Patchouli, Roman Chamomile, Rose, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang
Can Aromatherapy Help Relieve Depression?
This is a complicated issue. If your depression is caused by a life situation such as financial hardships, the death of a loved one, loneliness, divorce, or some other temporary situation, the answer is probably yes. However, if your depression is caused by a medical issue due to a chemical or hormonal imbalance in the brain, then aromatherapy may not be the answer. For medical causes, you should seek medical attention. It is OK to try aromatherapy to see if it works in your particular situation. However, if you don’t see any relief you should seek medical advice from a physician. They can diagnose your issue and prescribe medication that can help you with your depression. Aromatherapy can be helpful in improving your mood and your outlook on life, but it can’t relieve your medical symptoms. Only a licensed medical professional can do that.
There are numerous ways to get your essential oils used for emotions. They can be placed in a diffuser, mixed with carrier oils and used for massage, or mixed with other ingredients to create a natural air freshener or room spray. You can also purchase or make hair and bath products containing essential oils that are refreshing and natural. There are also bath oils and bath salts containing essential oils which can be used while taking a hot bath to relieve stress and anxiety.
Choosing to use aromatherapy and essential oils used for emotions can help you with your emotional well being. The natural chemicals contained in essential oils can affect how you feel and elicit positive emotions, or help you get rid of negative emotions. With the interest growing in natural cures, essential oils and aromatherapy are becoming popular for dealing with the stresses of daily living. Just remember that essential oils should be kept out of reach of children. They can be toxic when taken internally for most essential oils. They are also concentrated so there is the danger of sensitization and potential allergic reactions if used improperly. Always do your research and follow directions for use exactly to prevent potential problems.
If you want to use essential oils to help with emotions you can purchase them from the store link in the top menu, or click here.