I made this article and video for another blog, but it seems fitting to share with our readers here too. This video shows you how to make a really quick and easy DIY shampoo with essential oils that are great for your hair and scalp. I’ve been using this for about weeks now and I have to say I really like it. I’ve been able to cut out buying commercial shampoo entirely and my hair looks healthier and shiny.
This all-natural DIY shampoo is not only good for your hair and scalp, but it can also save you significant money over buying shampoo at the store.
You can spend less than 5 minutes making this DIY shampoo. You can also save hundreds of dollars over the course of a year. You ’ll also be doing away with all the chemicals that you can’t even pronounce that are used in those commercial shampoos.
The all natural ingredients for this shampoo:
- Castile Soap– An all natural vegetable based soap.
- Vegetable Glycerin– Glycerin extracted from vegetables. This has moisturizing properties for your skin. It also helps create more foam with the castile soap.
- Coconut Oil– Everyone knows that coconut oil makes a great moisturizer for your skin so it’s great for your scalp. It’s also great for your hair, making it more shiny and manageable. It can also help to create more foaming action from the castile soap.
- Vitamin E Oil– Vitamin E oil is also great for your scalp. In addition, it acts as a preservative in the body wash.
- Lavender Essential Oil- Lavender essential oil “deep conditions the hair, keeps it shiny, and helps control dandruff” according to WebMD.
- Rosemary Essential Oil- Rosemary essential oil “stimulates the roots, improves hair growth, and increases circulation in the scalp” according to WebMD.
You’ll need some bottles to store your shampoo. I picked up some 8oz flip top plastic bottles online. You could also buy foaming pump bottles if you like a more foamy shampoo. I actually found I prefer the foaming pump bottles and I use less shampoo with them too.
- Add 1/2 Cup of Castile Soap to the bottle.
- Add 2 Tsp Vegetable Glycerin
- Add 2 Tsp Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Add 10 Drops Vitamin E Oil
- Add 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- Add 10 Drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- Swirl to mix the ingredients.
- Top up with Castile Soap.
Now you have an 8oz bottle of totally natural and inexpensive DIY shampoo. Just store it in a cool dark place if you make more than 8oz. I find that an 8oz bottle will last close to a month before I need to make more.
Make some of this DIY shampoo and let me know what you think about it.
If you need essential oils please visit our online store where we offer 100% pure and natural essential oils.