I made this article and video for another blog, but it seems fitting to share with our readers here too. This video shows you how to make your own DIY gel hand sanitizer in 5 minutes.
Using a hand sanitizer and good handwashing technique have been proven to reduce the spread of infections. That’s why it is stressed so heavily in health care settings.
You can make your own DIY gel hand sanitizer using just a few ingredients, and in around 5 minutes.
To make this DIY gel hand sanitizer you will need the following ingredients:
- Aloe Vera Gel (Purchase it here)
- Witch Hazel (Purchase it here)
- Vitamin E Oil (Purchase it here)
- Tea Tree Essential Oil (Purchase it here)
- Lavender Essential Oil (Purchase it here)
- 1 Cup Aloe Vera Gel
- 1 Tbsp Witch Hazel
- 3 drops Vitamin E Oil
- 25 drops Tea Tree Oil
- 15 drops Lavender Oil
Making The DIY Gel Hand Sanitizer
- Use a glass bowl to mix the ingredients.
- Add the 1 cup of Aloe Vera gel to the bowl.
- Next, mix in the Witch Hazel and stir well.
- Add the 3 drops of vitamin E oil and stir well to mix.
- Add the 25 drops of Tea Tree oil and again stir well.
- Add the 15 drops of Lavender oil and stir the mixture well once again.
- Use a funnel and carefully pour the mixture into a pump bottle or squeeze bottle if you want to carry it in your car or purse.
This is an easy DIY gel hand sanitizer recipe to create at home and it uses the germ-killing power of essential oils instead of alcohol to disinfect your hands. Alcohol can dry your skin, but you shouldn’t experience that with this recipe because the aloe and Vitamin E Oil help to moisten and protect your skin while the Tea Tree and Lavender oils kill germs on your hands. And it won’t leave your hands smelling like alcohol.
Another great advantage of using this recipe is that it can save you money when you make it yourself. Once you have the ingredients you will be able to make many batches of this hand sanitizer without having to buy them at the store.
The all-natural ingredients are also safe for your hands and safe for the environment.
Try making this DIY gel hand sanitizer for yourself and let me know how it works for you in the comments section.